Research & Development Council
Our college has an actively functioning Research & Development Council. Under this various Research activities are carried out regularly.
The Members are,
- Prof. DR. S. Madhavi M.Sc. (N).,Ph.D - Chair Person
- Prof.Sivagami Ramanathan M.Sc. (N)
- Prof.Mariammal Pappu M.Sc. (N)
- Prof. K. Balasubraminan M.Sc. (N) Ph.D
- Prof. S. Renuka M.Sc. (N)
- Prof.P.Viji M.Sc. (N) Ph.D
- Prof Mrs. N.B.Mahalakshmi M.Sc. (N)
- Mrs.P. Jamuna Rani M.Sc. (N)
- Prof. Dr.Prof .S. Ani Grace Kalaimathi, Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai has inaugurated the KMCH Center for Nursing Research on 7th March 2013.
- KMCH College of Nursing has received the approval from the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai for Ph.D in Nursing for which the students' enrollment is on progress.
- Prof. Dr.Prof.S. Madhavi, Principal KMCH College of Nursing, Coimbatore is appointed as an Executive Editor of The Tamil Nadu Nursing Council Journal of Medical Surgical Nursing.
- Prevalence and risk factors of Metabolic Syndrome – Prof.Dr.S.Madhavi, Prof.Kulanthaivel & V.C.Jeyalakshmi, Dept of Medical Surgical Nursing.
- Effect of life style modification on Metabolic Syndrome - Prof.Dr.S.Madhavi, Prof.Kulanthaivel & V.C.Jeyalakshmi, Dept of Medical Surgical Nursing.
- Effect of selected nursing Intervention on radiation induced side effects among patients undergoing pelvic irradiation - Ms.SudhaDevi, Ph.D scholar & Prof. Dr.S.Madhavi.
- Effectiveness of life skill training on self esteem and psychological achievements among adolescents –Mrs.Jamuna Rani & Prof. Dr.S.Madhavi
- Assessing the incidence and risk factors of Breast Cancer by Dr.Prof.S. Madhavi, Prof. R. Sivagami Ramanathan and Ms. M. Malarkodi.
- Assessing the incidence and Risk factors of Cervical Cancer - Dr.Prof.S. Madhavi, Prof. Sivagami Ramanathan, Ms. Ambikapathi and Ms. P. Sumathi.
- Effect of Yoga on Blood pressure and Cardiac Profile, among Hypertension Patients by Prof. DR.S.Madhavi.
Publications & Scholarly Activities
Faculty and students publish their original research reports and concpt articles in reputed journals. Following is the list of published articles.
- Prof.DR.S. Madhavi is the chief Executive editor of the Medical Surgical Nursing journal of the nursing council of Tamil Nadu -TNNMC Journal of Medical Surgical Nursing Since Jan 2013.
- Prof.Mariammal Pappu & Prof. DR.S. Madhavi were coopted members to edit and standardize the log books required for B.Sc(N), Post Basic B.SC.Nursing, M.Sc.Nursing,
- Experiences of patients who received mechanical ventilator assistance- Dr.S.Madhavi in the Asian Journal of Cardio vascular Nursing Jan – 2008 issue-
- Nurses role in Secondary prevention Strategies in Acute Myocardial infarction – Dr.S.Madhavi , Published in Nightingale Nursing Times in July 2011 issue-
- Reducing Anxiety in patients following CABG-.-Dr.S.Madhavi. Published in the Nightingale nursing Times in Dec 2011 issue.
- Protocol for administration of Blood &Blood Products.-Dr.S.Madhavi in TNNMCJMSN volume 1, Issue 1, Jan2013.
- Effect of Benzydamine mouth wash and sodabicarb for radiation induced oral mucositis-by Ms. Ponnu Jose & DR. S. Madhavi, TNNMCJMSN, Vol -I, Issue 2, June 2013.
- Effect of Selected Nursing Interventions on Swallowing and Feeding performance among stroke patients –Ms. Siji Susan James, DR. K. Balasubramanian & DR. S. Madhavi Volume 1, Issue 2, June 2014
- Effectiveness of Epsom salt fomentation on knee joint pain, knee swelling, and activities of daily living among elderly –Ms. Ruby Anitha & DR. S. Madhavi, TNNMCJMSN, Vol- 1, Issue 2, June 2015.
- Effect of Music Therapy on Pain, Anxiety and Physiological Variables among Patients subjected to CABG – Prof. K. Balasubramanian, Nightingale Nursing Times.
- Managing menopause – Prof. Sivagami Ramanathan & Mrs. Sumathi, Asso. Prof. Health Action, June 2014.
- Top 12 Cancer Prevention Strategies – Prof. Health Action, September 2014
- Life Style Practices among obese and non obese school children – Prof. Sivagami Ramanathan, Nightingale Nursing Times, AUG 2014,Vol :10, No:5.
- Exploring Health Promoting Behavior of Antenatal mothers – Ms. N. Manavalam, Asst. Prof. Nightingale Nursing Times, May 2014.
- Effect of Video Assisted teaching programme on Anxiety and Co-operation among patients undergoing Upper GI Endoscopy at KMCH - MRS.ASHA PHILIP.
- Effectiveness of Q-SYTE connector on prevention of thrombophlepbitis, IV line patency and ease of administration of medication among the patients with peripheral IV cannula in KMCH, Coimbatore – Ms. Deepa,
- A Study to assess the effectiveness of Exercise program on balance among elderly in selected old age home, Coimbatore – Ms. Donitha George
- Effect of Self Management training on Knowledge and Self Management skills among patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus at outpatient department in KMCH, Coimbatore -Ms. R. Jeeva.
- A descriptive study to assess the Quality of life and mood changes among women who underwent mastectomy in KMCH, Coimbatore – Ms. K.A. Kaveri
- A Study to assess the Radiation induced symptoms and Execution of nursing strategies among patients with gynecological malignancies at KMCH, Coimbatore – Ms. Simla.K
- Effectiveness of Cryotherapy on Radiation induced oral mucositis among patients who receive head and neck radiation therapy at KMCH, Coimbatore – Ms. S.B. Vetrichelvi
- Effectiveness of Therapeutic play on behavioural distress and selected physiological parameters of children undergoing invasive medical procedures at KMCH, Coimbatore – Ms. Preeja Philip,
- A Study to assess the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge, attitude and skill regarding partograph among multipurpose health workers in selected corporation maternity centres, Coimbatore – Ms. Anilda T. Kurian,
- A study to assess the knowledge and attitude regarding HIV screening among primi gravida mothers in selected corporation maternity centres, Coimbatore – Ms. W.Anne Sheeba Query
- A Study to assess the knowledge and attitude regarding Antenatal Diet among primigravida mothers in selected corporation maternity centres, Coimbatore – Ms. Aruna George Guided by.
- A Study to assess the effectiveness of muscle stretching exercise on pain and discomfort during primary dysmenorrhoea among B.Sc Nursing students in KMCH CON, Coimbatore – Ms. Christy Kurian.
- A Study to evaluate the effectiveness of olive oil back massage on labour pain and progress in first stage of labour among primiparturients in KMCH, Coimbatore – Ms. Divya Kuriakose
- Identification of problems and execution of Nursing care plan for mothers with pregnancy induced hypertension at KMCH, Coimbatore – Ms. Mini Babu,
- A Study to evaluate the Effectiveness of Benson's relaxation therapy on reduction of pain and stress among post caesarean mothers admitted in KMCH, Coimbatore – Ms. Sherlin Sapthica. R
- A Study to assess the effectiveness of educational intervention on knowledge regarding caring skill and coping abilities of mothers with premature babies at KMCH, Coimbatore – Ns. Shibi Angela
- A Study to assess the effectiveness of drumstick leaves juice to improve hemoglobin level among adolescent girls in selected school at Coimbatore – Ms. M. Muthulakshmi.
- A Study to explore the factors related to non-adherence to therapy among patients with tuberculosis in selected health centers at Coimbatore – Ms. G. Sadhana
- A Study to assess the effectiveness of soya milk in reducing post menopausal symptoms among menopausal women in selected areas of Coimbatore – Ms. Secena Juny Thomas.
- A Study to assess the memory loss and cognitive impairment among elderly at St. Joseph old age home, Coimbatore – Ms. M. Anitha,
- A Study to assess the level of Depression in relation with activities of daily living and memory loss among community dwelling older adults in Kalapatti, Coimbatore - Ms. Hina George
- A Study to assess the effectiveness of social skills training on social interaction anxiety among patients with schizophrenia at Kongunadu Mana Nala Arakkattalai, Coimbatore – Ms. Jini Joseph
- A Study to explore the risk of relapse in alcohol dependence patients who are under detoxification treatment in Kasturba Deaddiction Centre, Coimbatore – Ms. Karthika. P Guided by Ms. P. JamunaRani
- A Study to assess the Effectiveness of Assertiveness training on level of self esteem among adolescents in selected school, Coimabatore – Ms. M. Vanmathy Guided by Ms. P. JamunaRani
- South zonal level conference on "Research methodology" was organized by KMCH CON on 07.03.13 to promote research in nursing and CENTRE FOR NURSING RESEARCH also inaugurated.
- The conference is conducted annually which is based on Research methodology in the conference, 41 original research articles were presented in the year of 2011.