- Journal Club Activities are regularly conducted to update faculty knowledge on various topics
Continuing Nursing Education
Faculty are deputed to attend conferences and seminars to outside colleges. They are also motivated to publish articles in journals, present papers and posters at various conferences.
CNE programs are organized and conducted in each speciality areas like Medical Surgical Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, Community health Nursing, OBG Nursing and Psychiatric Nursing.
Ph.D PROGRAM IN NURSING: Faculty can perceive opportunity to complete Phd in our institution itself.
E- LEARNING: Web-based modules are available for the faculty to equip themselves with adequate knowledge in variety of special areas.
- 06.05.17 to 09.05.17 – Faculty Development Program on "Teaching Methods " was conducted at KMCH College of Nursing.
- 21st April 2016 – CNE on Patient Safety Series: Meeting the Challenges of Patient Safety in Oncology Nursing.
- 20th October 2016 – CNE on Patient Safety Series: Ensuring Safety for Hospitalized Children.
- Faculty are allocated to attend a Seminar on "Quality Assurance in Higher Education" to learn about alternative methods of teaching at NGP Arts & Science College.
- Workshop – Innovation in Teaching and Learning methods on 22nd May 2015.
- Workshop on OSCE / OSPE on 23rd May 2015
- Workshop on WEB – Based Teaching and Learning
- Training of trainers for STOMA THERAPY at KMCH– Prof. N.B.Mahalakshmi, Mrs. V.C. Jeyalakshmi and Mrs. Ruby Anitha (March, 2015)
- Training of trainers for TUBERCULOSIS & MALARIA CONTROL at CMC, Vellore under GFTAM – Asso. Prof. Sumathi & Mrs. Malarkodi (2014 & 2015).
- Workshop on Pediatric Basic Life support organized at PSG by National Assembly on Paediatric Emergency Management on 20th February 2015 – Prof. S. Renuka, Prof. N.B. Mahalakshmi, Prof. Amudha Kathiresan, Ms. R. Sasikala and Ms. V.C. Jeyalakshmi.
- AHA certified trainer and provider for BLS and ACLS at TACT Academy, Chennai - Prof. DR. Balasubramanian (2014).
- Training of trainers for HIV-AIDS at CMC, Vellore– Prof. Sivagami Ramanathan and Prof. P. Kuzhanthaivel (April 2014).
- One day workshop cum training on Application of SPSS package for all Faculties on 09.03.2013.
- AHA certified trainers for BLS at TACT academy, Chennai - Prof. DR.K. Balasubramanian and Mrs. Mohanambal (2010).
- Training of trainers on HIV/AIDS at PSG – Prof. S. Renuka, Prof. V. Vijayalakshmi Prof. Amudha Kathiresan and Ms. A. Saradha were attended in 2011.
- Training in INFECTION CONTROL for One month – Mrs. Saratha-2010.
Faculty Clinical Meeting
Faculty clinical meetings are conducted regularly and discussion on clinical conditions encountered by faculty which has clinical significance is discussed in this patient centred conference
- Faculty with more than 5 years of tenure receive rewards.
- Faculty are offered with rewards who do publish articles in the journals with high impact factor.
- Medical Insurance facilities
Faculty Orientation Program
- The Faculty orientation provides new faculty with a detailed introduction to campus resources and includes discussions regarding the faculty's responsibilities to their departments and college.